What we are doing to keep ourselves and our patients healthy at Alert Level 2
- Patients that are unwell or have been instructed to isolate or quarantine will not be admitted to the clinic. You must ring us to reschedule your appointment if you are sick, or think you may be getting sick. You must inform us if you have been in contact with anyone who is unwell or has suspected COVID 19.
- Only one support person will be permitted to attend appointments if required. Please do not bring children. Support person contact details will be recorded securely for contact tracing purposes.
- Please complete all paperwork before your appointment if required.
- Safe distancing will be maintained where possible by reducing the number of people inside the clinic.
- At The Merivale Clinic, we ask that you arrive on time for your appointment and wait in your car if you are early as waiting room seating is limited due to current safety regulations.
- At St Albans Medical Centre, we ask that you also arrive on time but please wait in your car until the therapist comes for you. On completion of your treatment you will be directed to reception and exit will be via the front door onto Springfield Road. Please observe the 1metre spacing if there is already someone at reception.
- All patients and therapists will wash their hands before and after treatment.
- Our workstations and equipment will be cleaned between each patient.
- The Ministry of Health and Physiotherapy Board does not require PPE when treating healthy people. However, if you are over 70 years old or are immuno-compromised your therapist will wear a surgical mask. You are welcome to wear your own mask.
- If you become unwell after your appointment and there is suspicion of COVID 19 you must contact us immediately. Your details will be provided to the Ministry of Health for contact tracing if this is requested.
- We will continue to provide telehealth over phone and video conferencing during Alert Level 2. Your therapist will discuss this option with you if appropriate.
We look forward to seeing you!
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns 03 355 9775
Thank you for your cooperation. Stay safe and well.